Terms & Conditions
Please read our Data Protection Statement and Terms and Conditions of use below before using this site. Access to Online Recruitment System is restricted to staff of the University of Nottingham and applicants. To use the site you must agree to the Terms and Conditions of use and the Data Protection Statement.
Data Protection Statement
- Your data is securely held on a server in the University of Nottingham which has in place all the security measures required.
- Data you enter into system will be treated confidentially and with respect. The data will not be disclosed to any external organisations except where an external body is party to the recruitment proccess, i.e NHS for medical related vacancies. The application data will be removed nine months after the vacancy interview date.
- Should you be successful at obtaining employment with the University, the University of Nottingham will use your personal data for the purpose of employee personnel administration and any legitimate issues relating to your employment with the University. In doing so, the University will observe at all times, the data protection principles embodied in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The University will seek your explicit permission should it intend to process any sensitive personal data for any reason other than Equal Opportunity purposes or exercising a legal right or obligation required by law. Sensitive data includes your racial or ethnic origin, age, sexual life, political beliefs, trade union membership, religious beliefs, physical or mental health and criminal offences.
- If you have particular enquiries about Data Protection you are welcome to contact Lynda Gamble, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- The University reserves the right to change the terms and conditions. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Online Recruitment System constitutes your agreement to all such terms and conditions.
- The service is offered free to applicants of the University and may be terminated at any time, although there is no intention to withdraw the service.
- The Online Recruitment System and the University cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage due to the failure or termination of the service, although we will make reasonable efforts to let you know in advance of foreseeable service interruptions.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent by the Human Resources (HR) Office to the e-mail address you supply on registering.
- The service is strictly for personal and non-commercial use. It is not intended as a business service (e.g. a helpdesk or ordering e-mail address) and the HR Office reserves the right to terminate the service if business use is evident.
- While the HR Office and the University will not make any attempt to gain access to the content of e-mails, their complete security cannot be guaranteed since e-mail is not a secure transmission medium.
- You undertake to register for the Online Recruitment System using accurate and current information about yourself, including your correct name, address and any other requested information.
- If you see anything on the Online Recruitment site which appears to infringe this Agreement, then please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- If any third party site is linked to/from the Online Recruitment site, it does not mean that the University endorses, or has any responsibility for the site in question, or anything which appears on it.
- Your use of the Online Recruitment site is entirely at your own risk.